A recent issue of Fine Gardening magazine articulates well the Tier One Landscape approach to foundation plantings:
Fine Gardening #57, 44-49.
Tier One Landscape takes a holistic approach to foundation plantings. Tier One Landscape thinks strategically about how foundation plantings will integrate into the total landscape solution. This involves a careful analysis of the features of the home or building in question. Tier One Landscape plans for foundation plantings consider design points such as:
- The architectural style of the home or building and associated level of formality
- The color and texture of materials used in the home or building
- The lines and angles of the home or building
- Other elements in the landscape solution such as hardscapes, water features, lighting, and the like
- The materials in the surrounding hardscape such as types of rock, concrete, pavers, and the like
- Areas of the home, building, or landscape that would benefit from visual emphasis
- Areas of the home, building, or landscape that are empty, unused, or less visually appealing
When you work with Tier One Landscape for your foundation plantings, you can be assured of an end result that enhances the best elements of your property and marries your home to its surrounding natural environment.